27 October 2011

Sheltered Doorway

No this isn't the little buillding where I found the dusty wine bottle from yesterday, but the corner of an old barn in the village. It's not that clear on the image but below the window one can see the outlet for the ancient sink, which, if you have one in your newly aquired cottage you have to keep as it's a heritage item that should be preserved. For the painting I was interested in the crumbly-ness of the building, the textures of the wall and the fact that there were no straight lines anywhere! The late sunlight was just coming around the corner and catching the leaves and grass as it did so. Executed faily quickly and with loose brushwork, I dont usually draw out what I am about to paint, but get on with it with the brush, I don't want to lose any of the spontaneity of the moment.

Sheltered Doorway. Oil. £99.(convert)
Click here for purchase details and Website
Click image to see larger

1 comment:

  1. Nigel, I have been browsing your paintings. So glad I did! Amazingly fresh with excellent depth of quality!
    I will link your blog and do my best to follow along on your artistic journeys in France....Hopefully some day we may meet....My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe in the near future.
    Best to you!
    R

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...