9 February 2012

The Kitchen Sink

Sarah's sink again, love the shapes and mix of cool and warm gray's in this image. This is a series of squares; in the window frames, the tiles on the wall to the right, the sink itself and the reflections in the tiles. I quite like the wonky diagonal of the leading edge of the sink, it's grabbing my attention and I'm following the line of cast sunlight on the right up the wall and across the middle bar of the window and down again to the sink. I had lots of fun with this.

The first version of this was watercolour

The Kitchen Sink. OIL 5.5 x 7.5 inches, 
click image to see larger
£99 (convert To purchase please send me an email 

7 comments:

  1. Nigel, this is exquisite, I love the subtle colours in this painting...Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this. I love how simple it is, yet it is so rich in subtle color changes and texture. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just FEEL the plaster!! Lovely as is all your work. I am a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the original watercolour as well. Too much fun crossing media with the same image -the heart of creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your use of paint and brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Beautiful light and grays, texture exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...