14 March 2012

Cottage in Great Tew

Another painting of some of the thatched buildings in Great Tew, the gorgeous little honey stoned village in North Oxfordshire.  Two doors to the right is the Falkland Arms Public House with it's flag stone floors old beams and open fireplace, it sells very good 'Real Ales' take my word for that!

Cottage in Great Tew.  Oil, 5.5 x 7.5 inches, 
click image to see larger
£99 (convert)  To purchase please send me an email


Great news! I've been awarded a 'Liebster Blog Award' by fellow Brit Blogger Haidee Jo Summers, who paints gorgeous vibrant paintings in Lincolnshire England along with running painting workshops and busy family life!  She has had a painting accepted to the final stage of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters annual exhibition, well deserved I say and fingers crossed that the jurors recognise the quality of her work...see below



As a result of my award I am to nominate three fellow bloggers, who's work I like, so would like to mention;

Raymond Logan who paints quirky everyday objects in oil.

Evhe a fellow painter living in Belgium

Helen Prout  An artist living in the Cotswolds, who is very new to this 'Blogging' thing, and a very accomplished painter

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting of a beautiful and cosy little cottage, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite things in England were the little cottages with thatched roofs. They are so beautiful, and your painting took me right back. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you Nigel, you are very kind! I'm going to look at the other two blogs that I don't know now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful painting. So much character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very English - I am amazed at how much detail you achieve in such a small space, lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...