2 February 2012

St George's Church, Brailes

This beautiful building stands proud in the middle of Lower Brailes in the Cotswolds.  It's an enormous structure and dominates the relatively small village. But Brailes used to be an important town to the sheep industry.

Again I am enjoying this loose watercolour technique, I'm happy that the painting isn't a very acurate representation of the subject after all I'm making a 'painting' and not an illustration, been there! I can do that but I'm looking for something more from my work, always searching and learning...

St George's Church, Lower Brailes. Watercolour, 
9" x12" click image to see larger
SOLD

2 comments:

  1. I love this piece. How you can get such a rich painting with your watercolors is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...