25 January 2012

Wash Day

I've made this old French sink and window look very messy and scruffy, the real one I worked from isn't. The whole image had such charm, the sink is about 3ft off the ground and the old tap and soap dish with the fly swat in it just made the whole image really paintable for me, the soft light was just enough to bathe the whole area in a cool blue. I think Sarah thought I was bonkers... perhaps I am!

Wash Day. Watercolour, 9" x12" click image to see larger
£99 (convert To purchase please send me an email 

4 comments:

  1. Nope, your not bonkers. Sometimes the everyday can be transformed by light, just as here. Just goes to show that good subjects can be found on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nigel,
    Gorgeous work! Talk about fluid paint. Beautiful paintings, color palette and movement of paint.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, not bonkers, love the derelict look of it all. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I like the old warn out metal touches you added as well. The rust did your composition well. Your have a very good eye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...